Just a bit of my editorial comments about Singapore... It was a bit 'too perfect'. I know, that is really hard to believe. It was too clean, too orderly, too planned out.... even the people were really put together.... I suppose being such a small country, it is easy to instill conformity.... But talk about the contrast from Bangalore. We actually have non-Indian friends (originally from Atlanta) that were in Singapore for an assignment and are now in Bangalore for an assignment. I can only imagine what the adjustment was for them!!!!
Back to the size of Singapore... It is the second smallest country in Asia with about 270 sq miles. Now I am sure that you are curious as to what is the smallest country in Asia.... It is a place that we have visited back in December... Any guesses? The Maldives!! Yes, we are working our way through Asia, smallest to largest!! OK, maybe not, but it sounded good!! And, India is the 3rd largest country in Asia. First and second are Russia and China. Gotta love wiki for all the details!!
While we were at the Night Safari, the kids decided to get a 'foot treatment'. This is not any ordinary foot treatment... this is a tank of fish and you dunk your feet in. The fish proceed to 'nibble' off the dead skin. No, I did not partake. I would much rather have my feet tended to by hands, not fish!!! The kids enjoyed it!!
Try to zoom on this picture so you can read the text... It is pretty interesting!
Kids are not phased by the 'nibbling' that is going on!
We are off to our next trip this weekend. We are going to Chennai. We will be there for 4 days. We are travelling with 2 other families.... Jignasha and her family and Kamal and her family. Some of you recall that we did a lot of our trips back at home with 'Jignasha and her family'... just for the record.... two different Jignashas... Ironically, both the Jignhasha's know each other....
No comments:
Post a Comment