Our trip started on Saturday Morning. We landed in Kochin and headed to the small town of Fort Kochin. Here we stayed at a little boutique hotel. It only had 17 rooms, and it was charming. Except for the little visitors in our room. These were lizards....!!!! Yuck!! We had to call the hotel staff to 'take care' of the situation. As the guy proceeds to take care of them... we discover that there were 5 lizards hiding behind a picture frame!! Ewww is right!! I kept telling the guy 'are you sure that there aren't any more back there'.... I took his word for it and didn't dare check. It was only one night at this hotel, so I figured we could handle it.
We had a random run-in while we were Kochin. We were leaving the hotel one afternoon to get some shopping done, and we ran into our friends from Bangalore that moved to Mumbai a year ago. These are the friends that hosted the Thanksgiving dinner the first year we got here - Robert and Sussana.
In Kochin we managed to spend some money in 'Jew-town' This is the area where they have a lot of 'antique' shopping.
After one night there, we headed to Kumarakom Lake Resort. This is the hotel that we really fell in love with when we were there last. We had to make another visit there. Unfortunately, we only got one night there since they were booked. The 3rd night of the trip we moved to Zuri hotel. It actually was a really great hotel too.....
Back to Kumarakom Lake Resort... Our mission here, to chill out in the pool. It was great. And the best part, our friends Robert and Sussana came out to visit with us while we were here.
The last night... we were in Zuri. We managed to get upgraded to the Presidential Suite.... I know, pretty impressive, eh..... I think that I learned a thing or two from the Patel's from ATL during the Christmas Trip.
The Zuri was GREAT! The Presidential Suite was even better! We had our own private pool that overlooked the lake. We could see all the 'house-boat tours' pass by. Milan loved waving at each of the boats as they passed by!!!
Check out the pictures and you can see for yourself, trip was great!!






























No comments:
Post a Comment