We just came back from a 4 day trip to Madhapur, my dad's home town. It was GREAT. There is something so relaxing about the village lifestyle... so simple....
The kids loved going on the scooter rides everyday.... especially Milan.
The mornings would start with an early rise... usually due to the Ringing bell from the temple which is nearby, then the dogs barking, and then the town wakes up. The morning noises are heard because one, the houses are really close together, and two, the windows are open during the night because it is really HOT!! It was in the high 90's when we were there. But the daily naps help to combat the early mornings....
The shopping was great.... did a lot of damage in Bhuj, which is the neighboring town, and big city in Kutch.
Overall, it was great to spend time with family. I was able to see all of my dad's 3 sisters, and his brother. And meet my grandfather - my mom's dad.
I will post some pictures soon.
OK, now for the BIG NEWS!!!!!
TACO BELL has opened in Bangalore just a few days ago!!!
We made a trip out for lunch on Saturday. It turned out to be a 4 hours expedition. Over an hour drive, over and hour to order/get the food, and then the drive back..... You may ask, was it worth it????? ABSOLUTELY!!! Not exactly like taco bell back home, but still good. There was paneer tacos (come on I am sure that you were expecting that one!!!), and potato crunch wraps.... Interesting twists....
I will post some pictures soon from the trip to Madhapur and the trip to taco bell!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man, taco bell was one of the key bargaining piece the USA had to bring you back! Although I am intrigued by the paneer tacos and potato crunch wraps!!
Post a Comment