A day in the life of Milan Patel.
Milan has adjusted the best since being here. But he has also changed the most.
He starts his day bright and early at 6am. He proceeds to take advantage of every opportunity to bug his sister along the way. He usually suceeds and she usually cries. It is pretty routine by now. At 7:30 it is off the the bus stop. He meets up with his buddy Pranav. Now Pranav is a lot like Milan. And he too has an older sister. I think that Milan and Pranav strategize at school on ways to antagonize their sisters! During school, we are really not sure what Milan does and how he behaves. So far there have not been notes home from the teacher, so that is a good sign. His teachers name is Mrs Archana. He seems to like her very much!!
When he comes home from school it is out and about for little Milan. He has a few play mates that are next door. Siddharth, Aditiya, and another neighbor Saketh. These 3 boys are what I would call a 'bad influence' on Milan. They are not well disciplined and a little mouthy. We try to limit the time that Milan spends with them. It is a bit hard to do since they are right next door. Funny... the other day I was talking to Aditiya and Siddarth's dad (Gaurav), and I was trying to discipline Milan b/c he was 'out of line'. Anyways, Gaurav says 'wow, your kids are so well behaved, they listen to you!'. I thought to myself, yeah... isn't that the way it should be... we are the parents after all!
There is another friend that Milan has, his name is RJ. He is from Michigan. He family is another colleague from GM. He is another trouble maker too.
There are a few friends that he hangs out with that are not so troublesome, so it is not all bad.
What we have found is that some of the bad habits that he learns from his buddies are making their way back home. It is a challenge to discipline!!
Needless to say, he is off roaming the street after school. Playing with different friends, cruising on his bike. He is enjoying the freedom. Often he pretends that his bike is a motorcyle (there are so many of them on the road so he sees them everywhere). You will hear him, grunt and growl making the sounds as if his bike is a motorcyle. Often when he is cruising on his bike, he gets a little careless and wipes out. The good thing is that there are security guards all around that help him up. Then he will come home, get cleaned up, get a band-aid and off he goes again on his pretend motorcyle. One day he got a chance to take a ride on a real motorcyle. Guess what happened.... he was scared!! He did not want to go on!! Eventually he went, it was a short ride to the bus stop. But I think he was scared the whole time. I have a picture. I will post it soon!
Can someone tell me if I can get 'low-jack' on Milan. The biggest struggle that we have with Milan and his new found indepencence, is keeping track of where he is. All day yesterday (Sunday), I felt like I was looking for either Mira or Milan. Maybe a leash would be another option!! : )
Another bit of info about little Mr Milan. He lost another tooth. It is other one on the bottom. The sad thing is that the top one is not far behind!! His cute baby teeth smile is on its way out!!! So sad!!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is nice to see Milan enjoys pestering his sister. Not sure how he learned to do it. Keep the blog up we are really enjoying it.
up
cell phones have GPS that you can track - is he too young to carry one?
Post a Comment