Monday, September 29, 2008

Off to Gujarat

We are off to Gujarat tomorrow morning. To the small home town of my family, Madhapur. My Grandfather, mom's dad, has a home there. Along with my dad's sister, and dad's brother. It will be nice to meet up with family while we are there. The good thing is that my mom will be there with us. She can take us around and introduce us to all of the other distant relatives that live there also.

We leave in the morning at 9am. I am not sure if we will have internet access while we are there so my next post may not be until we get back (Sunday).

Before I sign off, I will post some pictures of the garba night that was this past Saturday!!


Mira, Milan and Rohin


















Milan and Shruti (yes, this is THE Shruti)













Me with a new friend that we me - Her name is Jignasa (ironically, she used to live in Atlanta too, this is just like my other friend with the same name)













4 comments:

Unknown said...

Really nice pictures, Devyani. I still can't believe it you guys are in India now.Seems like you have lost quite a bit of weight, is it gym or just stress ?

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures. Mira is getting more beautiful every time I see her! Milan is a charmer too!!!

Anonymous said...

I havn't had the chance to check in a while. Enjoy your holidays.

We are fine. Boths kids are at their homecoming dances tonight.
The house is all finished. it looks pretty good.

Tommy broke his elbow but it healed very quickly so he;s back playing football.

The kids look like they are growing!

Terry and Jerry

Our Family Update said...

Alpa... No stress here! It is India!

Terry and Jerry... We miss you guys! I hope the new neighbors are keeping up with the yard. I think Vim has nightmares about that! : )

Karyn... Thanks for the compliments to Mira and Milan. They are really growing up fast! How are Hannah and Adam doing? Send us some pictures!