Sorry... not been posting lately.... Will try to catch you up with this post...
So, let me start where I left off last time. The pecan tarts were a big hit. I think that Milan ate 10 of them in one day!! And he was proud of it!! I think that Vim ate more than 10 in one day, but he won't fess up to it! I am already looking forward making more!!!
Pictures from Kovalam... Yes, I know... they are past due... Soon! I promise!!!
So Diwali is coming up and so is Diwali break. Last year Diwali break took us thru the south-west of India in the Sunny state of Kerala. This year, our adventures will take us to the north. We have 10 days, 6 cities, 3 flights, and 1 train, and several excursions by road!!! Phwew! I am tired thinking about it!! We start in Udaipur, then off to Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Agra and Dehli!!! Looking forward to it! With the highlight being the 'Taj Mahal'!!! Can't wait! It is just the 4 of us... I am sure that it will be a good test of our 'togetherness-tolerance'! Hopefully we all make it back still in good terms with each other.
So, if you recall, I was pretty good about tracking our monthly progress leading to the 'we-have-been-here-1-year' mark! Well, I know that I have been slacking. I actually think that I need to start the count down in reverse... yes.... in reverse... The countdown to when we will be back home!!! The assignment was for 2 years, and 2 years is up next summer. As it stands, we are not sure if we will get extended - still a possibility. So, just to prepare, we planning for the worst case (or best case - depending on which way you look at it), which means we will be home next summer - July-ish! So, that is in 9 months!!! YIKES!!! This has put Vim and I on a mission of things we need to buy before we leave!! Keep in mind.... labor is really cheap so we are devising grand plans of custom making things, designing things, creating things.... lets see how much of it materializes!!!
Oh... the Au Bon Pain has finally opened..... mmmmm mmmmm GOOD!!! OK, so it is a little different than the one that I had first visited in Boston. There is Paneer Paninni, Tandoori Chicken on Foccaccia, Mutton Chili, betcha can't get that at your Au Bon Pain. They do have some of the basics - which I am sure are similar to the other locations. So on the first day they opened (last week Thur) and the first day led to a flood of the non-locals in the place. Every GM ex-pat was there... it was really funny! I think Subway will be hurting for business as a result of the new place opening! They have attempted to carry foward the cafe feel with some outdoor seating, it is nice for India, but definitely not Harvard Square nice!!!
I have pictures from the Car Puja that we did when we came back from Kovalam. I will post those soon too....
I think that is about it for now....
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment