- We realized that the kids were real TROOPERS!! They did an amazing job keeping up with all the running around.
- There is A LOT of history to see in India.... it is amazing. It really makes me proud to say that I am Indian!
- The kids loved hearing all the stories about the palaces and forts. Both Mira and Milan were amazed with the story from the Taj Mahal. They both were amazed to hear how the son turned on the rest of the family. Mira's comment 'couldn't they just talk it out and share the power' - a true peace maker. Milan's comment 'if anyone does that to me, I am just going to beat them up and shoot them' - a true confortationalist!
- In the car journeys we had some great dialogue with the kids. We learned that Boys start with B because boys are Bad. Girls start with G because girls are Good. Also, Boys go to Jupiter to get stupider, and Girls go to college to get more knowledge!!! The bonding time was great!
- Mira and I have tested the bladder capacity yet once again.... no public restrooms, no holes in the ground, and no train bathrooms!!!! SOOOO GLAD!!! Milan and Vim.... not so lucky!!
- Have experienced the irony of Delhi Belly in Delhi!!! Actually it started in Jaipur with Milan, then Agra with Vim and Mira and I were hit in Dehli. Milan has proven that he is definitely the biggest trooper when he was sick... it did not phase him and he did not skip a beat. Mira.... the other end of the spectrum...
- The kids have now experienced 5 star luxury hotels on this trip. At one place before we got there, Milan asked 'Mom, I hope this is a 5 star hotel'. I think that they have become 'hotel-snobs'!!!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
The Trip... Summary...
The quick summary on the trip...
10 days, 6 cities, over 20 hours in the car, 12 hours in the train, about 6 hours on a plane.... and a whole lot of togetherness!!!
The key points....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment