Wednesday, September 23, 2009
A New Place to Eat
It happened yesterday, I was the bottom floor of my building which is known as the ITPL Mall (ITPL stands for International Tech Park Ltd). The 'Mall' basically has a few shops and food places. The current food selection is limited to a few decent places including Subway, Pizza Hut and KFC. Now, after a while they get a bit boring. So yesterday I was down there with my friend Charu and we were headed to our weekly visit to Pizza Hut and then I spotted it.... A new food venue... It was 'Au Bon Pain'!!! I stopped in my tracks, held a deep stare at the store front that was getting ready for the big debut.... ahhh.... another place to eat!!! Now I am not sure how many of you know of the place, but it is basically a sandwich and coffee type place. I suppose for me it holds a special memory because I remember the first time I ate at Au Bon Pain was when I was on a trip with my parents to Boston to visit my brother. We ate at the Au Bon Pain in Harvard Square. I remember watching the people all around and just taking all of the sights of Cambridge. Now, I am certain that I will not get the same feeling when I eat at the Au Bon Pain in Bangalore, but maybe if I close my eyes I can pretend that I am in Boston.... And enjoy a bagel which is hard to come by in Bangalore!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That Au Bon Pain right next to the T is a great place to sit during the summer! Hope you guys are having a great time, I am headed to visit Kavi, Aman, and Sanjay bhai at the end of the month for the Michigan vs. Illinois game should be a fun time!
Post a Comment