Well not quite....
Last week Thursday the kids came home from school completely ecstatic... (more so Milan). Milan had a little conference with Vim and I in the library. He sat us down and told us he had to talk to us. Then he tells us that they don't have school on Friday. Now, I had already gotten an email from the school so I knew that it was true, but I decided to pull his leg a bit. Why not, right???
The reason for the unplanned, unexpected day off? YSR Reddy, the Chief Minister for Andhra Pradesh (Neighboring state to Karnataka, which is where we are) had died in a helicopter crash. Sad. But closing all government offices and schools in a neighboring state? Really?
Now with Vim and I both working... this posed a little bit of an issue with the kids. Thank goodness for Manjula who came in early to watch the kids, but this 'unplanned' day off for the kids gave me an excuse to leave work early. So I came home at 1pm to hang out with the kids!!
So, not really a snow day, but definitely the same joy and happiness that is created by knowing that you get a unplanned day off school (and a legitimate excuse to leave work early!!).
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment