Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Baby is growing up!!!!

Today, my Little Mira is now in the double digits!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, she is 10.... a full decade.


I am not really able to describe my emotions.....

Sad.... At how fast time is going by.
Proud.... At the lovely lady that she is becoming.
Amazed..... That she is part of me.

It was 10 years ago today that my life changed forever.... I became a mom - the most challenging and rewarding experience, that keeps continuing!!!! If I had to do it all over again, I would not change a thing!

Happy 10th Anniversary to Motherhood!!!

By the way.... Mother Nature has decided to give Mira a present on her b-day too.... the Longest Solar Eclipse of the Millennium..... Today - Jan 15. And to add to it, Indus International (the kids school) decided to give the kids the day off as a result of the Eclipse.

There is a lot of superstition that surrounds the Eclipse.

One of Mira's teachers told her that the reason that she was born with 6 fingers was b/c her mom went outside during an eclipse. Yeah... really.....
So today as I was going to work, Milan walked outside to say goodbye with his hands over his eyes b/c he was told that he would become blind if he goes out in an eclipse. He further said that he would not go out at all today until the eclipse was over because he did not want to go blind. He told me to make sure that I had my eyes closed if I went outside. I reassured him that I would close my eyes (which is not a problem since the driver is driving). But then the litte guy took it further and he asked 'what about Devraj (the driver), won't he go blind?' Amazing at what there thought process is!!

Check out this link about the eclipse.  And this link for supersitions around eclipses......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Mira! Hope you guys do something fun, and for Milan's sake I hope it is indoors!