Mira's efforts were well rewarded. As I continued to complete my work in the library, I could hear Mira having a continuous conversation with Manjula in the kitchen. They were both in conversation regarding the evening dinner. I was very surprised at the ability Mira could understand Hindi and do her best to speak in return with fluid sentences mixed with some English - in other words she spoke 'Hinglish' (Hindi/English). The effort was well rewarded, something she has been wanting to do for a long time at home.
Eating off a banana leaf was last conducted when we arrived in 2008 when we visited Mysore. Eating off a banana leaf is tradition practiced all over India, especially at weddings or large gatherings. Its is also ment to have medicinal properties. She is clearly picking up some culinary expertise from Manjula, Devyani and Travel & Living Cooking Shows.
Mira's Dinner Setting
The Simple Meal Created


No comments:
Post a Comment