Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving back at home was always a big time to get together with family. There were people that would come 'home' for thanksgiving so it would be a chance to catch up with those that were living out of state. It was a bit lonely knowing that we were all the way over here and not able to meet up with the family during the holiday!!

Thanks to skype we were able to catch a bit of the family dinner in Flint. And we will be able to catch up with some more family using skype during a baby shower on Sat! Skype is a wonderful thing!! Almost like being there... ok not quite but it will do!

Thankfully we have our 'extended' Banglorean family that we were able to celebrate Thanksgiving dinner with! Our friends Susanna and Robert host a really nice dinner last night (on Friday) and it was great! It was the full Turkey dinner with all the traditional side dishes!!! YUMMY!! The dinner was potluck style and everyone had to bring a few dishes. We had to bring cheesy potatoes and roasted veggies. Since I had to work on Friday and was not able to get out early, Vim had to take the lead on cooking!! I gave him a little guidance and he was on his own... and he did GREAT!! Both the dishes turned out awesome!

The evening was really nice and the company was great! It was not quite like the gatherings back at home, but it was close!!

Oh, and the other noteworthy (blogworthy) thing.... I did something last night after dinner that I have not done in almost 6 months..... Do you have any ideas that that might be?? Think.... think.... Maybe I should wait til another post to tell you...... nah... I just tell you now.... I DROVE!!! Ok, it was only within our neighborhood, and down 2 streets, and there were no other cars on the road... but still.... I DROVE!! The kids were so excited to see me drive. Before I started, Milan says 'Mommy, do you know how to drive??' I told him, 'I think so!!'!! Still, no desire to venture out into the madness on the main roads!!

One last thing that I really miss about Thanksgiving.... THE SHOPPING!! The big sales for the 'day-after' used to be so enjoyable for me!!!! AH.... shopping.... I do miss it!! Hopefully you all were able to land some good deals... I hear there were big sales to lure people in!!


The table all set before dinner!


VIM'S Plate all loaded up!


Swati, Beth, Me Sussana and Vivek...


The Kids Table!

No comments: