Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bargains in Bangalore...

There are bargains to be had here in Bangalore...

A recent one that I had come across is the Tailor. I had taken 7 pairs of pants in to be adjusted. This would have cost me at least $50 back at home and that would have been with a lot of pleading with Mike my tailor from back at home to give me a good rate. Here in Bangalore, the total bill... 270rs.... which is a whopping $5!!! Ok, $5.50 to be more precise... How about that for a bargain!! And, I did not have to haggle the price down...

No keep in mind, not everything is a bargain here... once you start getting into the 'imported' items, the price sky-rockets!! Remember the $10 box of Honey Nut Cheerios....

I still love the fact that I can get all my weeks produce for under $10. $10 did not go very far at Nino's back at home!!

I will have to post some pictures of my weekend Fruit Market. Needless to say, it is a bit different than the Nino's experience!

No comments: