There is one thing that I have really come to appreciate being here in India..... And that is the fact that you can get just about anything delivered!!
OK, there is the usual food delivery ..... Pizza, Chinese.... But here, Subway delivers, and so does just about any other restaurant in town. They have a small radius of delivery zone (5kms usually), but there are enough places around where you can get a full Indian meal - delivered.... There is a French Lady that makes homemade bread and she comes by everyday delivering fresh bread..... There is of course the Milk delivery too (yes, the Milk Man)....
Then here are some that might surprise you.... the liquor store delivers beer and alcohol... just call and it is on its way. Thankfully Mira and Milan are not in the troublesome teenage years, otherwise the fact that the liquor store delivers would frighten me, especially since they don't 'card' when they deliver. Actually I am not even sure if there is a 'legal drinking age' here in India. And even if there was, I am sure that it is not enforced, just like many other laws here in India. Anyways, I digress.... back to deliveries.....
Every weekend I get the flower delivery guy that come with a basket of fresh flowers, and for less that $4 I can end up with a dozen long stem roses along with a half dozen gerber daisies. Or for the same price, orchids and lilies..... It is a great bargain, and I don't even have to leave my house!!
The local grocery store delivers too, but I have not had the need to use that service since I can send my driver off with the list and he returns with all the goodies.... it is as good as getting it delivered!!
Essentially, India is a service oriented country.... as long as you are willing to pay. So while we are here, we will take advantage of all those that want to serve, and let them serve us!! When we come back home, we know that we will be back to serving ourselves.....
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment