So, let me start from the beginning.....
In the start of the school year, Milan starts to tell us about a friend in school that he just met.... now, this is not just any ordinary friend.... nope, this friend is of the female kind.... uhm, hum.....
So it starts something like this...
'Mommy, I have a new friend at school, he name is Sonia. No, not the Sonia from the US (Milan has a cousin named Sonia so he wanted to make sure we got the Sonia's straight), this is a different Sonia. She is really nice'. He says to me with a little twinkle in his eye....
From that moment I knew that Sonia was special. Then the weeks go by and then I hear another story...
'Mommy, I don't like Sonia. She is not my friend anymore. She is mean' I was not sure what prompted the trouble in paradise, but we will just let it go..... I did not think much of it.
Then last week we went to a party at a neighbors house and there were a few friends that were invited that we had not met before. It did not take long for us to realize that one of the couples there were Sonia's parents..... They were actually a really nice couple from the US. So at the end of the night, I made sure that I got Sonia's mom's phone number so that we could meet up.
The morning after the party I was telling Milan who we met at the party the night before, and his eyes lit up. He made me show him the number on the phone.... So, since then he as been asking.... 'When is Sonia coming for a play date'....
So, finally I called Nita (Sonia's Mom) on Saturday and we arranged for a play date for Sunday afternoon.
Sunday morning when Milan woke up, I told him that the play date was confirmed and that Sonia would be coming over at 2pm. His eyes lit up!! And the first thing he said to me 'What should I wear'!! Honest, not making this one up!!! It was clear that Sonia was a special friend.....
So, Sunday we decided to go into town to run a few errands and Milan, who typically never bothers to ask the time, kept saying 'is it 2 o-clock yet' and 'hurry, lets go, we are going to be late'.....
At 2 we go to pick up Sonia, Milan walks with me and I could tell he was a little shy.... but it was cute.
So Sonia comes over. Mira acts as a good buffer doing art with both of them, since Milan only know how to play cars and trucks. They play for a bit inside. Then I tell them to go out and play. And off they go...
About 30 mins or so later they come back and tell me that they went biking around and that they had fun. Then Milan and Sonia are sitting on the bench by the front door just talking, and all I can see from the hallway is 2 pair of feet just dangling. It was really cute.
Then it came time to say good-bye. Sonia was going home. Vim was driving her back and Milan went along as well. He asked if he could play at her house... (it was like he did not want the play date to end.....).
At night as he was going to sleep I was talking to Milan and he told me that he really had fun with Sonia. He says to me 'she is really nice, isn't she mom'. And I said, 'yes she is'. I was asking where they went when they were on a bike ride..... and Milan was just telling me.... Then I got to thinking.... How did they both ride around..... When we only have one bike their size. Then Milan tells me that be borrowed a bike (a bike that is rusty and a size too small) from the neighbor. Then I asked who rode which bike. And then he tells me..... He gave Sonia his bike (mind you no one rides his bike, not even Mira!!)..... It almost brought a tear to my eye... My son was a true gentlemen.... he gave his bike to Sonia and he took the crappy old one. So innocent, and so sweet!
Now in about 4 years from now, Milan won't be having any play dates with girls, and if he does.... I won't let them out of my sight!! The thought of him growing up is frightening!!!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment