Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Don't Drink and Dance..... REALLY....

OK, so some of you are aware of some really swanky, high end clubs in India.  Now these are for the 'high-rollers' and Bollywood folk....  Mostly in Mumbai....  So when we were coming to Bangalore, I thought that we would get to see a few of this places.... even here in Bangalore.

Not long after we moved here did I get informed that dance clubs are illegal in Banaglore.  Really....  See the articles below...

NY Times article

Indian Express Article

So, I was a little surprised when I heard the news.  It reminded me of the movie Footloose..... was I a little disappointed?  Not so much....  I think that my 'clubbing' days are long gone....

So anyways, this past weekend we actually went out with a few couples on Saturday night.  The mission for the evening.... check out the Bangalore Nightlife...  There were 2.5 couples from the US and 2.5 couples from England.  We started off at a 'lounge bar' called the 13th floor (yep, it was mentioned in one of the articles).  Then we went to another 'bar' called Opus....  Don't tell anyone, but we actually danced at Opus....  Yep, we broke the law....  But we were not alone, the had a pretty decent group boogie-ing to the Bollywood beats....  and then boom, the clock struck 11:30 and the music came to a screeching halt....  that was it.... NO, not a raid....  It was closing time....  We were on our way home by midnight....

All in all, a nice evening of clubbing (if you can really call it that!)....  I think that I can keep up with the clubbing in Bangalore (in limited doses, of course) since they work to my timing...  close by midnight!!  : )  There was a time where I could keep going until the bar closed (2am in Michigan), but that was many (many) years ago....  I don't think that I could do it anymore!!  Yes, I admit it!  I am becoming an old fart!!

No comments: