Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Stuff....

Just some general things...

Manjula the maid is AWESOME!! She cooked dinner 2 days in a row and it was great!! It was traditional south Indian type food, but it was really good!! She cleans really good too! I think that she will work out good! The bummer, I don't get to see her. She comes at 9am and leaves at 5. And well, lets just say, my hours are a wee bit longer than that... I will get to that in a minute. So anyways, back to Manjula, I wish that we would cross paths! We will manage.

Back to my work hours.... Most of you know my hours back at home... early in and early out! There were some days I was in by 5am, and home by 3:30. Well, here it is not quite working out so nicely. I get to work by 8 or 8:30, and try to leave by 6. However yesterday, it was 7pm before I left!!

Today we did a web-cam-skype session with my brother and parents. It was really nice to be able to see each other.... gotta love technology. Vim took them on a tour of the house and the surroundings. Again.... technology at work!! With wireless, a lap top, and a web-cam we were all over the house. It was nice to be able to show them our 'home'!! They were even able to say hi to our driver over the skype session. Devaraj came in to say hi!! It was nice.

Speaking of Devaraj, he has an interesting set up. His wife and son live in Mysore and he comes to work in Bangalore. He lives at his sisters house during the week. He is only able to go home on the weekends if we don't have him driving for us. So now on Sundays, I feel guilty if we keep him here working and away from his family. Anyways, to make up for it, this weekend we are taking a road trip to Mysore. He will be able to spend time with his family and we will be able to see Mysore! Win-Win!!!

OK, that is all for now!!

2 comments:

Vanita Pindolia said...

It was nice talking to you today/tonite! Glad to hear that things are going very well for you. We missed you guys a lot during our camping trip/block party/police concert! Chitra and I also went to Cedar Pointe for a day in between - the rides were soooo cooool! The last time I went there, the Gemini was the 'big one', now the others tower over it!
See if Manjula ben wants to come work in the US for a while - I could get used to a cleaned house with a very nice home-made dinner waiting for me when I get home from work!!!!!
The weather is beautiful over here. Nice summer.
Take care and we'll talk to you later.
-Vanita

Our Family Update said...

Vanita, It was really nice talking to you too!! Gotta love vonage!! It was nice to hear about the camping adventures!! We wish we were there!! Give the kids a big hug from us!! Take care! Dev