Friday, August 22, 2008

Capacity Overload!

Being here in India for almost 2 months... one thing is for sure.... I think that I have met more people in the time being here than I have met over the last 5 years!! Really!! There are new people I am meeting everyday at work! It took me a month to remember the names of all the people in my team. There are only 14 people, so it should not be so hard!! Then meeting all the people from other teams... Then you meet people in the halls and they say hi to you by name, and you just wave and say hi. As they pass.... you think.... 'who was that'!! So remembering everyone at work is a challenge.

Now, when I come home, there are people that I meet in our neighborhood. Now I have to remember the husbands name, the wives name, the kids names.... Many times, these are families that the kids play with and I don't always know them by name. Sad, I know! There are mom's and kids that I meet at the bus stop... again... trying to remember the names. Along with the names comes remember where they are from. Everyone here has a 'story'. Most people are from somewhere else. Most from the US, some from England, Australia... and so on. Then you have to remember what company brought them here. This is all part of the 'small talk' conversation. Oh, and lastly, you have to remember the house numbers for all of these people!!

Do you know what happens with all of this information overload? Serious lapses in memory!! Keep the 'you're getting old' jokes to yourself!! Really! I am not able to keep all of this information straight!! Today, I met this lady (she lives 2 door down) she told me her name, I repeated to her (hoping that it would help me remember), ask me now if I remember... nope!!

I am definitely in need of a memory upgrade.... added ram would be good too!

Tomorrow will be post about the house with pictures. Stay tuned!!

No comments: