OK, I think that this will be one of my most detailed posts. I have to throw a lot of detail in there b/c it all comes together in the end.
At the end of my last post, I left off with me heading to get a pedicure. Well, on my way out I called the spa, and they did not have any openings to fit my availability. I was bummed... OH well, I figured I still had Sunday, so I booked an appointment for Sunday. Then I was off to find ingredients for pasta salad. That was what I had to make for my work potluck.
Shopping was good (by Bangalore standards, of course... it was no trip to Meijers). Got my things, came home and started to make the pasta salad. Came to the realization that I did not have a serving bowl big enough for the pasta salad (keep in mind our sea shipment has not arrived yet so we are still working with the limited things we had in our air shipment). Anyways, I figure I would ask my neighbor, Ritu, if I could borrow a bowl from her. I went over there, and she was telling me that she just got finished with her massage. I was a little curious... she proceeds to tell me that she has a lady come to her house that does full body massages and head massages for her entire family. I was really interested now. Ritu said she would send her over if I was interested.... I said 'SURE'. An half hour or so an old Indian lady that was missing a few teeth comes to the door. I was a little taken back my her looks (OK, maybe frightened may be the better word), it turns out she was the 'massage lady'. I talked to her, I was a little reluctant, but arranged for her to come on Sunday to do a massage for me.
Now, we speed up the details a bit.... Pasta salad was good, party was fun. I met all the GM people that are here from abroad. One family from Australia, 2 from Germany and about 10 from Michigan. It was nice to meet the spouses, and kids. Funny thing, 2 of the families from Michigan know my parents. I know, small world!!
OK, now moving to Sunday. I had my pedicure. I decided to get my haircut while I was there. This is a big step for me. Some of you know that I have been loyal to Roman (my hairdresser from home) for probably 13 or 14 years!! Really, no one else has cut my hair for all those years!! It was a big thing to have my haircut by someone else. Overall, the haircut is fair... it definitely is not like my usual cut. I just need to accept it... Pedicure was great! And of course, Mira was with me!!
After that we had brunch at Palm Meadows. They have a great buffet every Sunday. Very yummy food!!
Then we headed out shopping. At the party Saturday night the conversation was about how the tax on wine was going up 40% on Monday. So there was a mad dash of people stocking up on wine. We decided to do the same. The wine here is more expensive than what we would get back at home. It is at least $10 for a basic wine. It can go up to $20 for anything that is decent. These are the prices before the 40% tax hit....
After shopping, it was time to hustle home for the 'massage'. We got home and she was already over. Now, I had talked to Ritu before she came to get the 'details'. What is the protocol, etc... I turns out you have to provide your own oils. Ritu said that she prefers olive oil for the body, and hair oil for your head massage. OK, if you rememeber, the olive oil cost me $10 for a small bottle!! So, we get all set up and she went to town. It was one of the best full body massages I have ever had. And then she went to do a full scalp massage.... ahhh heaven!! It went on for over an hour and a half. It was great!!! Now, here is the best part.... she charged 300 rupees for the whole thing... body and head!! Quick conversion for you.... that is whole whopping $7.50! Yes, that is all!! That is less than the a bottle of wine that we bought!!
Guess who is getting a massage right now... yep, Vim!! Best part, she is coming back next Sunday. I think that this will be a weekly thing!! Rough life, eh!!
Sunday has been a day of pampering... Hair, nails, massage, nice lunch, wine shopping, etc... Now it is 7pm and I suppose that my day of luxury needs to end... I need to plan something for dinner!!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I so want a massage for an hour and half. Heck, I cant even get Mike to massage my shoulders for 2 minutes. haha We are really enjoying all of your updates.
Not too much new here. Katie starts preschool at Woodlands next Tuesday so that is exciting here. Did you hear Taco Bell finally opened!??!! The things that make us happy.
Miss and love you guys!
Post a Comment