Saturday, August 9, 2008

Taste of Freedom!!

It started on Thursday. The kids and I had walked to the clubhouse and looked like it was going to rain. We could see the lightning off to the distance. We decided to go anyways. Just as we walked in it started to rain. No big deal, a little rain, right? Then is just started pouring. The kids were a little scared wondering how we would get home. I told them that we would just hang out til the rain stops. The storms typically blow right through. Just then we saw our car, and Vim was driving! This was the first time that he had driven since we arrived. It was the first big step that led to our freedom this evening!!

We were invited to an afternoon pool party at our friends house in Palm Meadows (this is where we stayed before we moved into the house). The party lingered into the evening and we were invited back to a friends house for Pizza. The issue became the driver/car situation. I suggested to Vim, lets go home, let the driver go and then drive back (mind you it is only 2 or 3 km away!). Yep that was it.... Vim drove on the main road out of the complex and the kids (and I) were geeked!!

Lets see what our radius of comfort is!! Hopefully Vim gets his local license soon so that it is all legit!

Until them, we will enjoy our 'secret' freedom!!

Tomorrow I will post about the open house at the school and post some pictures!!

Take care!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done Vim, well done!