I think that it is only fitting that we try to capture what Vim does all day. This has been a question from several people.
I will attempt to capture from my perspective and then maybe Vim will follow with 'the true story'!
The day begins at 6am, when Vim wakes up and gets the kids showered. By 7:30 the kids are on the way to the bus stop. And by 8am, I am off to work and Vim is free to enjoy his day! It starts with a trip to the gym (one of the perks of our housing community - it is walking distance). A few days a week, he has badminton games scheduled. He usually plays with a few of the ladies in the neighborhood. Occaissionally he will go to Palm Meadows and play with a group over thier. Badminton is a big sport here in India.
Then he showers and is ready to spend some time on the internet. This plan is usually de-railed at least a few times a week due to internet-connectivity issues. I have noticed a direct correlation between Vim's crankieness in the evening and the internet being down!
On most weeks there is usually an errand or two that needs to be done. Sometimes that involves a trip into town that could take up to 3 hours. Or sometimes it involves waiting at home for the 'service'. Again, there is a crankiness-correlation here as well. It is related to the amount of time that he has to wait in traffic or the amount of time he is waiting at home for the 'service tech' who is always on Indian Standard time.
Occasionally on the errand-runs, he will make a secret stop to his favorite ice cream shop (Corner House).
When there are no errands planned... he is left to enjoy the day. This usually involves catching up with the neighbors. He has a few core friends that he keeps up with.... Tonnie, Kirstina, Susanna, Swati, Charu..... I really don't know who they all are....
Occaissionally he offers to hang out with Charu's kids, Rohin and Veda. They remind us a lot of Mira and Milan when they were younger!
In between (if the internet is running) he will work to go on U-Tube to show Manjula (our maid) how to make certain Gujarati food. Yes, they have a U-Tube video on how to make Dhokra in case any one is interested.
Secretly, I think that he will watch a Hindi movie in the afternoon. He has not admitted it, but I think he does....
In addition, I think that the afternoon involves a cat-nap. This is my guess as well...
The peace and quiet comes to a halt at 4:45 when the kids come home. Then he works to get their homework done before dinner.
He is longing to get a job b/c he is getting bored at home. And I would love to trade places with him - even if it was for just a week! I guess it goes to show... the grass is always greener on the other side! : )
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Has the state of the US economy (and European now too) been publicized there much? The few bank failures and mounting bail outs are all that are on the news here. That and the presidential debates! Did you file your absentee ballots : )
Polly
Yes we are keeping up with the state of the US economy... it is pretty gloomy! The only TV I watch here is CNN in the morning, it is enough to get me a taste of what is going on!
Been keeping up with the elections... again thru CNN get the 'low-downs'! I know all about 'joe the plumber!' from the latest debate!!
Sadly.... I did not fill out my absentee ballot! I know.... tisk, tisk!
Post a Comment