Thursday, October 23, 2008

Halloween in Bangalore!

Yes, there is such a thing.... OK, maybe not amongst the locals, but in Ozone which has high influence from the western countries, there is a Halloween celebration. And since the locals don't know a thing about it, the Ozone-ians (I thought that sounded better that Ozone-ites) can call the shots.

So, since next week is Diwali and the kids have off... and 80% of the Ozone-ians will be off travelling, they decided to celebrate it today!!!

Lucky for me I grabbed a container of a few Halloween decorations, and in there there were a few trick-or-treat bags and other goodies. I must have had a hunch about the Ozone-ian ways when I was packing... or maybe it was just luck. In any case, we got it covered!!

Mira decided to dress up as a witch with her friend Aleykia. I think they are supposed to be the 'Twitches'. I must be slipping into the 'un-cool mom' category now because between you and me, I don't know who the 'twitches' are!! Milan decided to be something a little more mainstream, he is a firefighter. Thanks to Vik-Mama for the firefighter get-up as a Christmas present last year! It has come in handy twice here in Bangalore. I will write about the other time later.

Just in case anyone was curious, Milan was trick or treating with Shruti.... Yep...

So one big difference about the Halloween here... the loot is not as good. Milan just brought his home... no snickers, no mounds, no almond joy, no take-five.... most of it is hard candy.... no chocolate!! Oh well!

I will post pictures of the Halloween festivities later!

Tomorrow is my last day of work, and then a week off!! Yippieee!!

No comments: