Another weekend flew by! Honestly... they are just whizzing by!!
Friday was dinner for Vim's B-day.
Saturday we had Parent meetings at the school with their teachers. They were supposed to be conferences, but they were not necessarily structured like the ones back at home... Oh well, we have to go with the flow. Manjula came over to watch the kids while Vim and I went to the school. Before we left, I took advantage of the overlap time with Manjula to do some 'cooking-training'. Now that we have an oven, I taught her how to make Handvo (it is a spicy lentil cake)! It was yummy.
After the school, I had made plans with Jignasha to go to the spa. It turned out to me an all day/evening thing. We got to the place at 3:30, and did not leave until almost 8pm!! I got a pedicure, facial, and hair cut all for $30! That is a fraction of what I would pay for all of that back at home!
Vim was home with Milan and Jignasha's boys, while Mira had a sleep-over at her friends house. All and all a good day.
Sunday we had lunch at Jignasha's house, and then spent the rest of the afternoon/evening just chillin out. The kids were exhausted from the lack-of-sleep during the sleep over so they were both in bed by 7pm!
OH, the other good thing that happened over the weekend, we got a new internet service provider! They showed up on Sunday evening so we are back in business! Vonage is working, internet is working! I don't want to get too excited.... this is India after all, and things could change at any moment!
We recently came to the realization that there are a lot of places that we want to see on this side of world, so we better get cracking....
We leave for our next trip on Sunday. We are going to do the Kerala trip. We have 6 nights planned and we are seeing 4 cities/areas. We are going to the tea plantataions up in the 'hills' in a town called Munnar. We hear it is supposed to be beautiful. Then we go to Thekkady where there is a wild-life park, then off to Kumarkum where will take a houseboat tour.
We are also booking a beach vacation to the Maldives. This is a popular destination for foreigners, it is supposed to be amazing! We will stay 3 nights there.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
save some good stuff for next year! I'm DEFINITELY coming out, no question about it. even finally got my passport, watch out world!!
No worries Bridget... there are so many places to see here.... our list keeps growing!! The struggle is finding the time!
Going to the land of Susan Kaki. The house boats are pretty fantastic and watching the stars at night is impressive. Love the blog keep it up.
umang
Post a Comment