I was excited to go on a vacation with mom, dad, nana and the little big guy. It going to be fun... this is were my mom & Sanjay mama always visit in India. The town is called Madhapur. Mom told me that her parents come there and that I have lots of cousins. She told me that there was an earthquacke in 2001 which destroyed this town. I was not sure if people still had houses or not and mom told me to see for myself what the town is like.
When we got there is was Hot, Hot, Hot. Dad was sweating a lot. The airport was very small, and there were lots of soldiers. Dad told me that the soldiers are there to protect India from Pakistan, as Madhupur is a bordering town close to Pakistan, like Detroit and Windsor. Mom also showed right by the airport there was a big fort that divides Packistan from India. It is a hill with a great big wall and look towers that has been there for many, many years. In the old days if people climbed the hill they would get killed with cannons.
I enjoyed meeting Jadu-baba and Kasturba. Jadu-Baba is my Jerry-baba's brother. They look like twins and both are funny. Jerry-baba has bigger eye glasses than Jahdu-baba. Milan had lots of fun with Jadu-baba, they we best buddies. We were taken everywhere by Jadu-baba, on his scooty (motorbike). Milan stood on the front of the scootie and I sat on the back. He took us to see the old people he visits daily, that was not so much fun. He also took us to the park, and around the town. Next day he took us to the boy hostel at the home for the disabled children. We saw lots of boys who were diabled at this boarding school. We played with some of them, watched them study in class and also watched the adults cook there lunch. All the boys at the school that saw Jadu-baba greeted him. Also that very same day we went to the girls boarding school, were the girls are also disabled. I met a girl named Ramila. She could speak only Gujarati, which I could understand and speak back to her only a little bit, mixed with English. Ramila was nice girl. She had 4 fingers missing on one hand. I also met other girls there too. Jadu-baba was also popular at the girls boarding school. For the rest of the time in Mahdupur, Jahdu-baba would take Milan and me to the school just for a quick visit. Milan also enjoyed it. The last friday, mom/dad came with us to the boys and girls hostel. They saw how excited the boys and girls were when Jadu-baba came in to visit them. So were the older people helping at the school. Dad took lots of pictures, as the girls were very excited to have a picture taken. When we went with mom/dad, Milan and I gave out colouring books - this was dads idea. I picked Ramila and Premila at the girls hostel. At the boys school Jadu-baba found two boys for Milan to give the books to. Jadu-baba and our family here are very popular at the school and in the village. They give a lot of help, get donations to keep the school running. It was nice to see the kids smile and be happy when we gave them the coloring books and pencils. It was very good to be very kind. Jadu-baba is great.
No comments:
Post a Comment